Administrator for Reconciliation Initiatives, a national charity
Are you well organised, pro-active and capable? Do you want to contribute to addressing inequalities in society?
Administrator required for a national Christian charity to help us deliver our learning and development programmes for church leaders.
We are looking for an efficient, flexible and confident administrator with good administrative experience, committed to the charity’s Christian values and aims. You will be conscientious at organising and a skilled and sensitive communicator. You will bring a can-do attitude and the ability to work well with diverse Christian clergy and other leaders.
The post will require either working from home or from a suitable shared working space, as the charity no longer maintains its own office. The half-time role could also be fitted around school holidays.
Responsibilities include, to:
• Maintain contact with programme applicants, and their sponsors;
• Arrange and help facilitate meetings and webinars on the Zoom platform;
• Assemble training packs, resources and other practical information;
• Manage contracts and liaise with conference centres and venues;
• Maintain databases, and online information relating to the charity;
• Administer the bank accounts, pay invoices and reconcile accounts;
• Prepare regular financial reports and an annual budget; and,
• Overall, run the background organisation of the charity.
Required skills and experience:
• Proven experience of administrative and office tasks;
• Good spoken and written English communication skills;
• Able to work on own initiative, remotely, with minimal supervision;
• Experienced with Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Word and Excel, and with cloud-based services, including Sharepoint and Google Drives; and able to use these unsupported;
• Familiarity with the Zoom platform, including ideally hosting meetings on Zoom;
• Willing and able to learn to use the Xero accounts package; and the Airtable database package;
• Committed to the charity’s objectives and Christian values.
Please download the job description, employment terms and the two-part application form from RI’s website: https://reconciliation-initiatives.org/about-us/new-administrator/
Salary: £26,000 pro rata
Working from home, with one monthly meeting in the West Midlands.
Deadline for applications: 9am, Monday 13th February 2023.
Interviews: Monday 20th February 2023, at Coventry Cathedral.
The Diocese of London is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents our context and wider community. We are aware that those of Global Majority Heritage/United Kingdom Minority Ethnic (GMH/UKME), women, and disabled people are currently under-represented among our clergy and workforce, and we particularly encourage applications from those with the relevant skills and experience that will increase this representation.