Incumbent, Chelsea Old Church
The Bishop of Kensington, Lord Cadogan and the Rector of Chelsea are looking to appoint an incumbent to serve at Chelsea Old Church.
Chelsea Old Church is a central London parish, situated alongside the River Thames, with an electoral roll of c. 400. Worship is predominantly in the Prayer Book tradition, and there are good local connections with schools, businesses, and other institutions. It offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for mission and ministry in the heart of London Diocese.
The successful candidate will be able to offer:
• Clear leadership skills that will provide vision and motivation to an able and enthusiastic membership.
• A strong empathy for the traditional liturgy, language and music of the Church of England.
• An appetite and aptitude to develop the existing Family Service and to bring younger adults into the congregations.
• High quality preaching that combines theological learning with contemporary relevance in ways that will engage a sophisticated congregation.
• Strong pastoral skills and a sense of the abiding presence of the Holy Spirit that are manifest in acceptance, a sense of humour, and an ability to be at ease with anybody.
For further details and an application form please contact
PA to the Bishop of Kensington, Emma Hughes
Telephone: 0207 932 1180
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021, at 12 Noon
Interviews: 21st October & 2nd November 2021
We welcome applications from all. However, the Diocese of London is aware that women and people of colour are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups. Appointment will of course be based on merit alone.
Enhanced DBS will be required.