Rector of Friern Barnet
|Contact:|| Claire Collins|
020 3837 5250
27 Thurlow Road NW3 5PP
Friern Barnet is a wonderful, diverse and regenerating part of North London. As the Parish Church, based at St John’s, we serve the local community with enthusiasm, love and grace, rooted in our eucharistic identity. We work closely with St John’s School and are eager to embrace our next chapter of discerning where God is leading.
We are looking for a Priest who will
• Lovingly and gently support and lead us in worship, discipleship and mission, with a heart and determination to grow the Church.
• Help us flood our buildings with gospel joy, hope and activity, which will shape the wider society.
• Recognise that they cannot do everything themselves but work in building up the lay leadership and ministry of the Church.
• Recognise the importance of youth and children’s ministry, giving young people their rightful place in God’s vision for the parish.
• Encourage our developing digital presence and help us communicate the gospel more widely, especially in social media.
If you think you may be the right person to live and work in a very exciting part of North London, please request an information pack.
Parish profile (PDF format) and application form from:
The Bishop of Edmonton’s office
Tel: 020 3837 5250
Closing Date for Applications: 05 February at 12 noon
Interviews: 25 February 2021
Enhanced DBS Clearance will be required.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and people of colour are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups. Appointment will of course be based on merit alone.