Operations Manager, St Luke’s Earls Court
12-month fixed contract
Starting 5 Jan 2021
To oversee the organisation and management of the different activities and ministries taking place at St Luke’s Earls Court, to enable us to fulfil our vision to be a worshipping, witnessing, welcoming church.
1) Communications management
– Maintain the database and Electoral Roll.
– Update Church website and social media.
– First point of contact for Church enquiries.
2) Facilities management.
– Manage hall hire.
– Ensure Church complies with health & safety regulation.
– Manage maintenance, cleaning and repair work in partnership with verger.
3) Financial management.
– Ensure all bills to the Church are paid and contracts provide value for money.
– Ensure all invoices from the Church are paid.
– Complete monthly book-keeping.
– Oversee recording of gifts and claim Gift Aid.
– Manage staff expense payments.
4) Church Ministry support.
– Ensure ministries and activities have adequate resources.
– Manage Sunday volunteer rota.
– Manage production of posters, publicity and leaflets.
5) Staff support.
– Keep minutes of staff meetings.
– Support the vicar in their parish administration, including a small amount of vicar’s PA work.
– Purchase approved items for events/staff.
6) Lockdown tasks (depending on current situation).
– Assist with production of livestreamed/pre-recorded Sunday services.
– Run livestream during in-person Sunday services.
– Run Eventbrite for in-person Sunday services.
– A committed Christian fully supportive of the mission, ministry & vision of St Luke’s.
– Good humour, positive outlook and support of others.
– Relates well with people and enjoys working as part of a team.
– Willing to take on board constructive feedback and guidance.
– Comfortable working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
(Please note that a full DBS disclosure will be required on taking up the post.)
There is a genuine occupational requirement for applicants to be Christians.
A natural, committed, and speedy administrator with strong organisational skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A self-starter able to identify problems & find solutions quickly.
Able to prioritise competing demands.
Computer literate with Microsoft Office packages.
The work will be mainly based at St Luke’s. Working from home is possible during lockdown – occasional office visits will be required.
Please send your CV, two reference contacts (professional and church), and a cover letter showing how you fulfil the person specification and job description above to Josh Hinton: email@example.com.
References will not be contacted until after a successful interview.
The application deadline is midnight on Friday 27 November 2020. Interviews will be held in the evening via Zoom on Wednesday 2 and Thursday 3 December.