Church Assistants, All Souls Langham Place
In the heart of London’s West End, All Souls is a conservative evangelical Anglican Church with
a large and diverse congregation.
All Souls (www.allsouls.org) welcomes over 2,000 people to its morning and evening services each Sunday, with a core membership of around 1,500.
This membership is made up of around 60 nationalities and, whilst a significant group would be in their 20’s and 30’s, we have a wide spread across all age ranges, including active children’s,youth and families work.
All Souls is looking for six Church Assistants to start in August 2020.
We are looking for someone who is:
– A committed Christian in total sympathy with the evangelical stance and mission of All Souls.
– A hard worker with a servant heart.
– Prepared to undertake a wide range of physically demanding work.
– Able to evidence a desire to grow an understanding of the Bible and develop as a disciple.
– Able to join in with the Christian worship of the team at staff fellowship and other prayer meetings
– Excellent interpersonal skills able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to use initiative.
– Able to handle pressure situations with tact and wisdom.
– Flexibility and an ability to work as part of a team.
– Interested in seeing how Church works from the inside, perhaps with a view to full time church work.
– Ability to work sensitively with a multicultural staff team and church family
– May bring experience of a global Christian background that helps
– Support international members of the congregation
Salary: The starting salary is £14,942.20 pa (subsidised accommodation provided.)
In accordance with the equality act 2010 there is a genuine occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian and we expect our Church Assistants to adhere to our values as a Church.
If you would like to explore the possibility of applying to be our Church Assistants, please visit our website www.allsouls.org/vacancies for more information including the detailed job description and downloading an application form.