Hope Church Islington Verger (Contracter)
It is essential to the mission and ministry of the Church that the buildings are kept as smart, clean, functional and welcoming as possible, and this will be the key role and responsibility of the Verger, in conjunction with the Parish Properties Manager.
This work is variable week to week, depending on circumstances and situations, but will include:
▪ Identifying and reporting any maintenance or building issues
▪ Carrying out small scale ‘handyman’ type works – including changing light bulbs, putting up
shelves, painting and decorating, easing doors, replacing/installing locks, etc.
▪ Operating the computerised Building Management System (BMS), used to control heating,
lighting, hot water and ventilation
▪ Set-up of furniture and equipment for meetings/events when required
▪ Overseeing access to the building when required
▪ Relevant Health and Safety checks (Fire alarm, Extinguishers, Emergency Lighting etc.)
The Verger will be line-managed by the Parish Properties Manager, and would meet with them at
least once a week to be briefed on priorities.
There will be a degree of flexibility over working patterns, to be discussed and agreed with the line
manager. Some weekend and evening work may be required.