In the event that the purchaser is not satisfied with the quality of goods supplied we offer a full refund subject to the goods being returned within 14 days in ‘as supplied’ condition.
The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
(1) Contracts for the purchase of goods by a Customer not acting in the course of a business and made over the telephone or through the website, or by mail order, are, with the exception of certain excepted contracts, subject to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (‘the Regulations’).
(2) If the Regulations apply, Customers may cancel goods purchased by sending a written notice of cancellation by post or hand delivery addressed to Websales at 36 Causton Street London SW1P 4AU or by email to email@example.com.
(3) The notice of cancellation must be delivered within seven working days of the day after date of delivery of the goods.
(4) The Customer will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods if he or she exercises this right of cancellation under the Regulations. If the Customer does not actually return the goods to the London Diocesan Fund, the Customer is under a duty to make the goods available for collection at the Customer’s expense from the address to which they were delivered.
(5) The Customer is under a duty to retain possession of the goods whilst awaiting return to and to take reasonable care of them during this period. The Customer will be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods if he or she fails to comply with this obligation.