We take post ordination training (POT / IME2) very seriously and aim to make every effort to offer appropriate support and development opportunities as you begin ordained life. Post ordination training takes two forms.
- A series of study days, seminars and conferences, sometimes on a diocesan basis, but mostly within the context of Area curates gathering together during their first three or four years of ministry.
- An ongoing portfolio of work produced in conjunction with Training Incumbents and submitted to the Director of POT.
A number of forms essential to this training are available to support curates and training incumbents through this process. They are:
Forms to be completed
- Role Description and Learning Agreement Form
- Training plan
- POT Summary Record
- Six Month Review
- Eighteen Month Review
- End of Curacy Assessment
- Assessment form 1 for a sermon
- Assessment form 2 for a sermon
Resources and information
- Curacy Framework and Post Ordination Training (POT/IME2) overview
- POT Timeline
- Training Incumbent Role Description and Job Specification
- Learning Styles
- Gifts and competencies
- Guidelines for Periodic Review