Home / Heating, Plumbing, Gas and Electrics
Share this page

Share an article by email

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Heating, Plumbing, Gas and Electrics

Central Heating and Boiler Servicing

The housing team are currently creating a new housing handbook, which will be available in the second half of 2021. This page may therefore not represent the most up-to-date information. For support, please email  property.enquiries@nulllondon.anglican.org

Properties used for housing clergy should have full gas central heating to all living rooms and at least four bedrooms, in accordance with the ‘Green Guide’ recommendations. Thermostatic valves should be fitted to all bedroom radiators.

The annual servicing of central heating and hot water systems is carried out each year by various contractors as detailed below. They will also cover properties for emergency callouts and problems occurring during the year. In general the following companies cover this work but please email us to check which contractor is responsible for your property as it can vary.

Hall and Randall

020 8953 2094 – their office opens at 5am

Beaver Company Ltd

0208 450 7835 or Out of hours emergency number 07730 013690

If problems with the heating/ boiler are encountered between services please contact the Team to seek advise on who you should call in. In an emergency you may call one of the listed contractors in the yellow Minor Works Handbook if one of the firms above are not available.

Plumbing and Drainage

For plumbing and drainage emergencies you can contact Hall & Randall or D&N.

Gas leaks should be dealt with at once either by contacting Transco, British Gas or an appropriate contractor.

Water should be turned off at the mains during holiday periods at all times of the year, and, if you are in any doubt, please contact the Team for advice. Any claims for water damage to the property or its contents may not be accepted by the insurance company if this procedure is not followed or a minimum payment will be made for repairs.

Gas Fires and Central Heating

It is Diocesan Policy for all properties to have full central heating and to phase out the use of gas fires. Since 1997 the Diocese has not supplied gas fires for its properties because most, if not all, now benefit from central heating. Existing fires are serviced annually, but, should they reach the end of their useful life, they are not replaced by the Diocese.

Where a living flame gas fire is installed, it must be installed by a registered Gas Safe installer and the correct ventilation provided. Our heating engineers and surveyors will check this, at the time of the annual service or Quinquennial inspection and if inadequate, the occupier will be asked to meet the cost of carrying out the necessary improvements.

Electrical Installations

Electrical installations should be checked at the time of the Quinquennial survey or during Ingoing Works and any upgrading carried out as necessary. If occupiers have any particular concerns or problems please contact the Team. The use of adaptors should be avoided wherever possible and there should normally be two double power sockets in each living room.

FOUND UNDER : Clergy housing
to top