Resource Church Manager, St John’s Church, Southall Green
St John’s Church, Southall Green in West London, is a dynamic intercultural resource church. We are committed to developing young leaders from predominantly South Asian and African/African Caribbean Heritage backgrounds; to training and supporting church planting throughout Southall and Hounslow; and in nurturing and equipping disciples who will be actively engaged in transforming our area.
We are a vibrant, growing, multi-ethnic church which reflects the diversity of our parish in the heart of Old Southall. We are passionate about our local community and run activities throughout the week: from English Language Classes to Messy Church; from a Bumps and Babies Group to our Over Sixties Fellowship Group; from our Little Angels Parent and Toddler Group to our Youth Club.
Job Title: Resource Church Manager
Location: St John’s Church, Southall Green, Southall
Accountable to: The Incumbent
The Resource Church Manager will work closely with the incumbent to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the church. You will also work collaboratively with the Mission Zone Project Manager and the thirteen churches to make sure the Mission Zone is well-organised and efficiently run.
• Lead and manage the church’s Human Resources policies and procedures, including GDPR, DBS and updating the employee handbook.
• Lead, manage and implement the Mission Zone’s processes, procedures and policies.
• Organise and manage the Training Hub for the Mission Zone.
• In liaison with the Treasurer and book keeper produce and process financial documents and payments.
• Provide advice and support about financial matters when needed. In conjunction with the Treasurer, create and manage financial systems which ensure invoices and payments are made on time to the churches and other agencies.
• Produce rotas for weekly and termly orders of services using Church Suite.
• Organise, manage and maintain a range of social media platforms and software packages such as Facebook, the Mission Zone website, Church Suite etc.
• Attend meetings including PCC, Standing and Finance Committees as and when needed.
This is a full time role
For further information and an application pack please email:
Alma Patterson: email@example.com
Closing date Friday 9th June 2023
Interviews: Thursday 15th June 2023
The Diocese of London is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce which represents our context and wider community. We are aware that those of Global Majority Heritage/United Kingdom Minority Ethnic (GMH/UKME), women, and disabled people are currently under-represented among our clergy and workforce, and we particularly encourage applications from those with the relevant skills and experience that will increase this representation.