Commercial Development, HeartEdge
With HeartEdge churches across Church of England diocese work, to raise capacity and support development of commercial activity in Church of England via:
• Culture shift – enabling Churches to embrace commercial practice and manage income generation.
• Assistance in scoping, budging and business plan development – ensuring viable schemes.
• Support in securing capital – linking to funders and support.
• Local brokerage – connecting start up or business to effective local infrastructure resources.
• Set up guidance – including governance, registration, marketing, communication and people management.
To promote distinctive commercial practice for Churches – in a changed landscape following the pandemic. To nurture commercial business models that generate income and employment, generating surplus and valuing customers and employees. This is about balancing money and mission, present “at the heart, on the edge”.
We are looking to fill two vacancies (one full time and one part time).
This is an interesting, wide ranging and supporting role requiring a broad range of skills. You will be working directly with the HeartEdge Development Coordinator, to support the blossoming team of HeartEdge, therefore commercial experience, excellent communication and relationship building skills are a key part of this role.
While working with HeartEdge, this role will also offer a rich overview of the various aspects of St Martin’s. The job involves travel to St Martin’s, churches in the network and to HeartEdge events and meetings. This will sometimes involve overnight stays.
For more detailed information and how to apply please visit St Martin-in-the-Fields website https://www.stmartin-in-the-fields.org/jobs/