Vicar of Edmonton
Vicar of Edmonton
Edmonton is a wonderful, diverse and regenerating part of North London. All Saints’ Church has served Edmonton since 1136. Confident in our long story we have a deep rooted eucharistic identity and a heart for mission and service which enables us to love and to build in the name of Jesus Christ. We love to look outwards and upwards.
We are looking for a Vicar who will
• Lead us in worship, discipleship, and mission, with a heart and determination to grow the Church.
• Help us in our imagination to love and serve our communities, the way Jesus does, especially through the challenges and joys of regeneration.
• Recognise our need to grow younger, giving young people their rightful place in God’s vision for the Parish, whilst helping us to develop stronger links with our wonderful Church school.
• Recognise that they cannot do everything themselves but work in building up the lay leadership and ministry of the Church.
• Encourage our developing digital presence and help us communicate the Gospel more widely, especially in social media.
If you think you may be the right person to live and work in a very exciting part of North London, please request an information pack.
Parish profile (PDF format) and application form from:
The Bishop of Edmonton’s office
Tel: 020 3837 5250
Closing Date for Applications: 5 March at 12 noon
Interviews: 15 April 2021
Enhanced DBS Clearance will be required.
We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and people of colour are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups. Appointment will of course be based on merit alone.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.