Vicar for The Annunciation Bryanston St, Marble Arch
The creative challenge for our next Vicar is to nurture and encourage life-long discipleship in Jesus Christ and to draw people of all ages into the life and worship of the Church.
Our priorities are to:
• Raise confident disciples from among our large numbers of children and families.
• Offer worship to encounter God through the fullness of our high Church tradition, with imaginative approaches to prayer.
• Develop healthy finances.
• Nurture Leaders, empowering lay people and releasing the untapped gifts of the congregation.
• Collaborate in leadership with our new children and families learning community as a mission partnership.
• Become a missional Church.
• Sustain our schools work which includes assembles input into the RE curriculum, and a role for the Vicar as an ex-officio governor of
Hampden Gurney CE Primary School.
We offer our next Vicar a supportive and encouraging friendship network, a skilled children’s ministry team, a congregation with desire to grow, a new Deanery mission partnership on Children’s and Families work, and a spacious vicarage close to church and school.
Parish Profile and application form from the Bishop of London’s Office
Closing date for applications: 26 November 2020
Interviews on: 17 December 2020
Enhanced DBS clearance will be required We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and those from ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.