Music Mission Worker, The Heaven’s Gate Mission: A daughter community of St Gabriel’s Pimlico
The Heaven’s Gate Mission: A daughter community of St Gabriel’s Pimlico
A Musically gifted Mission Worker
The Heaven’s Gate Mission is a group of Christians with an unusual combination of evangelical and
traditional Anglican heritage who are joyfully engaged in the mission of Christ in this part of central
London. We are a daughter community of St Gabriel’s Church, Pimlico. We have a dedicated
outreach and youth program stemming from partnership with Eden Message Trust. Together we
share a vision to boldly proclaim the gospel and serve the Lord in this place. We are steadily
becoming a New Worshipping Community for which we enjoy the support of The Gregory Centre for
Church Multiplication and the diocese of London.
We are looking for mission minded people to join the core team; particularly at this time, for a
musically gifted worker. This is essentially a voluntary post but with a regular stream of honorarium and
expenses paid for piecework. We expect the person to be excited by mission and to lead worship in
creative and winsome ways and to become an active part of our disciple-making work together.
The Musically-gifted Mission Worker will
– Create new worship settings for different programs and groups.
– Help develop the Heaven’s Gate worship team: attracting/organising like-minded people.
– Teach others to grow in their musical, worship and leadership gifts.
– Apply innovative approaches to create online services and programs to reach the community
while our buildings are closed and likely thereafter.
– Offer direction to help us inhabit traditional and contemporary worship to create a distinctive
style at Heaven’s Gate.
The Music Worker will receive
– Opportunity to receive exceptional and transferable training from experienced missionary and
church leaders, the diocese of London, the Message Trust and the Centre for Church Growth
– The prayerful encouragement and fellowship of a very positive, gifted and inspiring team.
– Unrivalled experience and skills in creating worship settings for a variety of different programs
and events, including the mass, youth groups & contemplative taizé.
– Significant experience both with estate ministry and in the Victorian mews of Central London.
– Opportunity to grow in leadership and develop life-long skills in developing a missionary
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check being completed.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.