Youth and Mission Pastor, St Michael’s Church
We are looking to appoint a committed Christian who will have a leading role in growing our mission and ministry to young people and younger adults.
We are hoping to appoint someone who shares our Church’s mission of bringing healing to our world by making disciples of Jesus Christ.
We want our Youth and Mission Pastor to enjoy sharing faith with people, to be an enthusiastic and energetic leader and to be capable of building and inspiring a team.
The Youth and Mission Pastor will be supported by volunteers, the Vicar and the Church Council.
• Organising and leading weekly Youth Club sessions
• Resourcing and motivating Youth Club volunteers
• Help preparing Youth candidates for confirmation
• Associated administration
• Building relationships with congregation with a special focus on building relationships with young adults
• Organising and running 20s-30s events
• Help with marketing planning
• Help with social media presence
• Attending Sunday worship
• Attending weekly Staff meetings
The post-holder will need an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Hours & Salary: 10-16 hours per week (but could be more if candidate can help in other areas of mission and ministry) – pro rata annualised salary £25-30,000 depending on experience.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter setting out why you are applying for this post and how you meet the person specification and job description. These should be emailed to our Administrator, Susan Riley, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject title YOUTH AND MISSION PASTOR POST.
Closing date for applications is 3pm on Friday 24 January 2020; shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday 28 January; interviews will be held w/c Monday 3 February 2020