Mission Worker, Churchill Gardens, Pimlico
Heaven’s Gate Church is a collaboration between Eden, a passionate Evangelical group with expertise in urban mission, and St. Gabriel’s Church Pimlico, a wonderful church steeped in Anglican tradition. We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Youth & Families Worker to help lead our outreach and discipleship programs for the community. Heaven’s Gate is committed to: radically move in, boldly proclaim and faithfully serve the community for the Lord Jesus. The Mission Worker will develop their gifts as part of the growing team and lead the community into the presence of Christ. There is flexibility to work with whatever gifts you bring.
This role involves –
- Developing and leading initiatives to reach, gather and disciple Youth and Families. The mission worker will serve in areas both of outreach and discipling.
- Taking an important part, depending on gifts, in the planning, implementing and leading of worship and teaching — assisting in growth and discipleship both informally and through courses and programs.
- Being part of the Eden Churchill Gardens team which is the “detached” outreach element of Heaven’s Gate Church.
This person will receive –
- Exceptional and transferable training, both from the Eden Network/Message Trust, from experienced missionary leaders, also from the internationally regarded training centres of the Diocese of London.
- The possibility (depending on hours volunteered and gifts) of living in the dedicated Team Housing in central London (SW1) at a greatly reduced rental rate.
- The prayerful encouragement & support of an inspiring mission-minded team.
- The rare opportunity to live in an intentional community with a simple rule of life in an urban mission setting.
- Unrivalled experience and acquired skills in areas of youth ministry, family support, financial counsel, ministering to vulnerable adults, running football camps, creating worship settings, delivering Biblical messages working on an estate in London.
An opportunity to grow in church leadership in any area of interest including worship, teaching and pastoral care.
To apply please email: email@example.com or call 07415 862876