Youth Worker and Children’s Ministry Coordinator (part time – 14 hours / week) , The Annunciation, Marble Arch
We have an exciting flexible, part time opportunity in a central London parish to develop a new youth ministry and oversee an exciting thriving children’s ministry
We are a C of E church, in the Anglo-Catholic tradition, based at Marble Arch with an inclusive congregation and strong links to an ‘Outstanding’ Voluntary Aided School.
The children (up to year 6 age) attend a well-structured Sunday School, divided up by age groups and organised and run by volunteers.
Our church now has a number of children who will be 11 and over and starting secondary school in September. We are looking for a Christian youth worker who can:
• spark the interest and engagement of the 11+ Sunday Youth Group so that they enjoy church;
• address the issues and themes that our pre-teens and teenagers may be facing (social media, friendships/relationships, exam stress, climate
change, how to be a Christian today, bullying);
• be prepared to use a variety of creative teaching strategies, including digital medium, performance, art/craft, story-writing, etc.; and
• gain some new ideas/insight and material for teaching and engaging the 8-11 year-old group.
The role primarily entails setting up and leading the Sunday youth group for children aged 11+ and liaising with local schools and other agencies with a view to setting up further one-off and regular activities for the young people.
The ideal Candidate will:
• Be sympathetic to the aims and outlook of the Annunciation.
• Have experience in working with children and youth over 11 years old, preferably in a Christian context.
• An engaging and outgoing personality who enjoys showing young people how Jesus and the Christian teachings can be relevant to them.
It is an occupational requirement of this role that the post-holder is a committed Christian.
This post will be subject to an enhanced Safeguarding (DBS) check.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and to apply.
Closing Date: Sunday 8 September 2019