Team Rector and Vicar of St Andrew’s, Uxbridge Team
|Contact:|| Nikki Court|
020 8451 0189
173 Willesden Lane, London NW6 7YN
Sharing our Parish Vision to see people’s lives transformed through knowing God’s love and living Christ’s way, you will provide strategic leadership to the Team Ministry and serve as Vicar of St Andrew’s. Firmly rooted in your own prayerful catholic spirituality, you will demonstrate a deep appreciation of the more evangelical, charismatic spirituality of St Margaret’s and practise a generous orthodoxy that enables both churches and the Town Centre Ministry to flourish.
You will be someone who can
• Continue to encourage St. Andrew’s in its modern catholic spirituality and its musical tradition
• Engage with social projects in the community such as the adjacent YMCA
• Communicate to a wide range of peoples and cultures
• Encourage, enable and develop the existing culture of parish lay ministry
• Support parish youth work, St. Andrew’s vibrant Junior Church and our parish primary school
• Encourage big picture thinking about mission and fresh expressions of church
• Promote the unity of the Team, both clergy and lay staff, leading with a ‘light touch’.
The Parish Team includes the Vicar of St. Margaret’s; a Town Centre Minister based at St. Margaret’s; 3 SSMs, a PTO and a full time parish youth worker. Our parish ministry is to the whole of Uxbridge with its increasingly diverse and growing community and new housing developments. With a vibrant retail and business centre, the local authority Civic Centre and mixed housing areas, Uxbridge offers exciting opportunities for Mission, Growth and Discipleship.
Parish profile (PDF format) and application form from:
The Bishop of Willesden
Tel: 020 8451 0189
Orientation Day 13 June 2018. Interviews 14 June 2018
We welcome applications from all. However, we are aware that women and those from ethnic minority groups are currently under-represented among our clergy and so we particularly encourage applications from these groups. Appointment will of course be based on merit alone. Enhanced DBS clearance will be required.