Events Manager and Administrator – Kensington Area (12 hours per week)
For further details and to apply please click on the link above
Closing date – Tuesday 3 April 2018. Interview date – Thursday 12 April 2018.
At the London Diocesan Fund (LDF) we seek to do everything we can to support the mission and growth of the Church of England in London. The Kensington Area Office houses the Bishop and his immediate team, with the Archdeacon and his PA operating from a different office (in Chiswick). The Bishop, supported by the Archdeacon, the Director of Mission and the Director of Ministry, provides pastoral care and support for clergy and others involved in ministry in the church, as well as the leadership and strategy for the Kensington Area of London – which stretches from the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea in the east, to the M25 (Staines, Sunbury) in the west. The Bishop is a focus for the ministry of the Church – particularly evident in times of crisis (e.g. the Grenfell Tower tragedy last year) but also in the ongoing life of our city. The Bishop also has important roles of relating well to secular leaders in West London, and leaders of other faith groups, and representing the Church in such contexts.
To organise and assist with hospitality events organised in the course of the Bishop of Kensington’s work, and to work closely with the Bishop in planning those and to provide PA support to the Director of Mission.
- Planning, managing and (where appropriate) helping host events, dinners, receptions held at Dial House or in the Kensington Area more generally.
- Liaising with parishes for confirmation services and other liturgical occasions and ensuring the Bishop is appropriately briefed on all details.
- Assisting the Bishop and his PA and the Director of Ministry with arrangements for the Ordination of Priests, including the retreat, service details and official documentation.
- Assisting the Bishop’s PA in clerking permissions, certificates etc.
- Providing PA support to the Director of Mission.
- Answering the telephone and greeting visitors.
- Other assistance and general office duties as required.
The Events Manager will need to have the flexibility to undertake duties in support of the Bishop of Kensington, the Archdeacon, the Director of Mission, and the Bishop’s PA that are commensurate with the role in order to support and facilitate their ministry.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in hospitality and the managing of events
- Good people skills, dealing with guests, visitors etc.
- Demonstrable record of success as an administrator
- Demonstrate proven ability to use computers and Microsoft Office package for word processing, publications and databases
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English, and be able to relate to the wider public
- The ability to prioritise the workload, be pro-active and able to multi-task
- Highly organised and adept at forward planning
- Self-motivated with the ability to recognize and set priorities, organize and work under pressure.
- Be sympathetic to the aims and ethos of the work of the Church of England
- Have the ability to work well with others as well as the capacity to work alone
- Have a good eye for detail
- Willingness to be flexible when the need arises