We’re inviting all church leaders in England to join us for a special online breakfast event from 8.10 am Wednesday 28th April 2021.
Across the UK, food banks offer vital support to people in crisis. Churches are at the heart of this work, generously providing venues, volunteers, leadership, donations, and more. We’re so grateful for the partnership and hard work that churches already contribute, and we’re excited about continuing to work together as we build a hunger free future.
- This online event is aimed at church leaders and is free to attend.
- Bring your own breakfast and join a time of networking from 8:10 am.
- The main event starts at 8:30 am and finishes at 9:15 am.
- At the event, you’ll hear from Emma Revie, Chief Executive of the Trussell Trust, and have time for prayer and reflection, as well as hearing input from church leaders and food bank staff and volunteers.
- We’ll also be sharing a new set of resources for churches at the event and there will be an opportunity for you to ask questions during a live Q&A and network with other church leaders.
- Stay and chat with other church leaders after the event.
Places are limited, so please register now to secure yours. Instructions for joining the event will be sent closer to the date.
The Rt Revd Dr Graham Tomlin, Bishop of Kensington for the Church of England, said:
“It has been inspiring and humbling for me to see first-hand churches sacrificially expand their provision of support through foodbanks in the past year.
“The partnership between the Trussell Trust and church communities has been a big part of that provision and yet we hope and pray for the day when foodbanks are no longer needed. This partnership can go even further to work towards the prospect of a hunger-free future for people in communities across this country.”