Join us in a month of prayer
As a second lockdown in England comes into force, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York are inviting Christians across the nation to participate in a month of prayer.
Prayers at 6pm
- Christians are encouraged to pray daily for a specific area of national concern, wherever they are, culminating in a collective moment of prayer at 6pm each evening
- We are calling Christians in the diocese of London to pray on your doorstep for your neighbourhood, and also for the National prayer points:
- Sunday – Family, friends and loved ones
- Monday – Schools and colleges, children and young people
- Tuesday – Elderly, isolated and vulnerable
- Wednesday – Businesses, the workplace and economic wellbeing
- Thursday – The NHS and other key workers
- Friday – National and local governments
- Saturday – All who are grieving and all suffering with physical and mental ill-health
- Cathedrals and churches across the country invited to ring a bell at this time
- Prayers and other resources will be shared on social media with the hashtag #PrayerForTheNation
- Resources can also be found here: churchofengland.org/PrayerForTheNation
Thursday lunchtime prayers
As a diocese, we wish to come together every Thursday with a time of prayer at 1pm, led by our senior leaders.
When: 1pm – 1.20pm on Thursdays throughout November
Where: Join us on Facebook live
Or click here to join the meeting on zoom
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.