"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Communications support and resources for people and parishes.
The Christian message is best communicated person to person. The network of churches, parishes, chaplaincies, schools and other worshipping communities that comprises the Diocese of London carries a great communications responsibility, alongside the bishops of the Diocese.
As a Diocese we have made a commitment through Capital Vision 2020 to be more confident in speaking and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Help and resources
We have brought together services and communications resources to help the network to speak and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ:
- The Parish Communications Toolkit contains advice about making the most of social media, the web, print and more traditional media
- Our Twitter and Facebook profiles make it easy to stay in touch with the latest news from our parishes and bishops
- Ministry Matters is our internal set of pages for clergy and parish office holders, designed to help these people carry out their roles. The support portal draws together “How do I do…” articles from our knowledge base
- Regular communications training courses are offered by Church House Westminster. We also recommend the advice given on Get Your Church Noticed and in its companion book 100 Ways to Get Your Church Noticed.
- This website is the new ‘church porch’, providing the latest news plus information about events and jobs.
The communications team and media support
The core communications team is made up of staff at London Diocesan House, supported by a media team provided by ‘Luther Pendragon’, a communications agency based near St Paul’s Cathedral.